Friday, March 6, 2009

Scrabble with Mom

Tonight after a long hiatus I thought it might be fun to try playing scrabble over the Internet with mom, who is back in New York State. We had tried an electronic version based on CDs awhile back, which was fun, but it didn't work - presumably because our computers are connected to wireless modems and routers and whatnot that block direct access from computer to computer (not necessarily a bad thing; good for security).

Then I remembered hearing about Facebook scrabble - the unofficial version was down, but I wound up on scrabble.com and found my way eventually to this link, which will invite you to install the "official" Scrabble application on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/btbgo7

And it seems to work pretty nicely, and I like the idea of being able to invite friends or family into a game.